Sunday, February 21, 2010

What we have been up to...

Bare with me a little bit when it comes to this post. I use this blog to document milestone and to help me remember certain things about the boys. I am not very good at keeping a baby book and think its easier for me to document things through the blog.

We have done a lot of fun things this last month. To much for me to talk about it all but I thought I would list a few. We took the boys to the zoo, the Seattle Children's Museum, park, the beach and we went on a outing and bought Caiden a bird feeder for the deck. Caiden right now LOVES to watch birds so we got a nice feeder so he can watch the birds right out our back door. I always know when he sees birds because he usually yells, "OOOOHHHH" which usually scares the birds away. :)

Caiden is at such a fun age! He is really starting to try to talk. It is amazing how quickly he is picking up on words and there meanings. I love that I can ask him to do something now and he does it. When its time for nap I say, "Caiden its time for night night. Go get your Binky and your Elmo book" and he does it. He will be waiting in his room for me holding his book, so sweet! He has been really trying to work on peoples names at the moment. He can same Jamie (ja-ee), Krystle (ti-ti). We are working on all of the other Aunties names at the moment. He is signing, food, milk, all done, more, fish and book. I love to see him learn! Caiden now has 4 teeth and I can see 2 more trying to come in. So far he has been doing OK with teething and hasn't been to cranky. We are currently transitioning Caiden to one nap a day. If it were up to me he still would be taking 2 but he has made it very clear he is ready for one. This transition has not been fun he has been extremely cranky but everyday seems to be better. Caiden is extremely expressive and loves to make us laugh he is such a ham and loves attention (I think he gets all of that from his daddy)!

Landon is such a happy baby. He is 3 1/2 months old. He is very talkative and smiles a lot. He will literally look us in the eyes and will babble for like 10 minutes straight, it is adorable! He laughed for the first time on Feb. 6, when he was 3 months old. Landon has started to notice Caiden a lot more and loves to watch him. He is now sitting in a Bumbo seat and loves to jump in the Jumperoo. He is also starting to grab at things. Landon is a amazing sleeper and takes good naps through the day and sleeps through the night. We have truly been blessed with kids that sleep well! :)

How are we doing with 2 little ones you may ask? I think we are doing great! Things are not half as bad as I thought they would be. Don't get me wrong we have are moments and my days are busy. But Hughey and I are a great team! After Hughey gets home from work he steps right into daddy mode and plays with the boys so I can get some things done around the house. I really think that I have the best job! I love being a mommy of two little boys and feel really blessed that I am able to stay home and care for them.

Here are a few random pics...I plan on adding more shortly.


Caiden learning to feed himself with a spoon. He is really starting to catch on and doing a great job!

Caiden is at the age where he is liking to be naked or loves running around with his shirt off.

Caiden and one of his famous funny faces! (Notice the big bruise on his forhead...he has had many!)


Auntie Jamie thought it would be funny to put him in a tutu...hopefully this wont have any lasting effects on him! :)



Landons first time in the Jumperoo. He smiles when i put him in it now!


Hanging out in the Bumbo!


Smiley guy!







2 comments:

Shawna said...

Love the pics! What cute lil guys you have :)

Kenny and Janelle said...

what handsome little men! (that includes Hughey) we can't wait to see them someday!