Thursday, January 6, 2011

Leavenworth Christmas Lighting December 11th!

On December 11th we went on a day trip to Leavenworth to see the Christmas lighting.  We had been looking forward to this for months!  We went with my parents, sisters and all of their significant others.  We had such a amazing time.  We have decided that this is something we will do as a family every year.  The boys especially Caiden (landon is still a bit young) LOVED the snow.  Caiden loved to make snow balls and throw them at people.  It snowed the entire time we were there and when I say snow I mean a down pour of snow!  We arrived in Leavenworth around 1:30 and had reservations at a restaurant at 3:00.  We walked around the town for about a hour and went to the restaurant a little early to get out of the snow.  After we eat we went out to see the lighting it was beautiful!  The kids loved it and Caiden kept saying "Christmas lights!"  After the lighting we went to Starbucks got hot chocolate and then headed home.  Next year we decided we are going to bring my parents motor home for the day in order to have a place to change and eat.  We were all soaked by the time we got to the car and had no place to change.  We had to change the kids in the trunk of the car and it was really cold.  It was a great trip and we cant wait till next year!

I wanted to add that next year I will be purchasing snow gear for myself.  I ended up wearing Uggs and they are not good in the snow...no traction. I ended up falling three times.  One of those times I was holding Landon and dropped him.  I felt terrible but he was fine.  Luckily he fell in soft snow. 

My sisters took some more pics.  Once I get those I will add them.

Having fun throwing snowballs!
Making snowballs with Papa
Cheese!
Landon playing with dada!


The town all lit up, so beautiful!


He is such a daddys boy and wanting hughey to hold him the entire time!











No comments: